Monday, July 6, 2009

A look back at the last 7 weeks

It's so hard for me to believe how fast the last 7 weeks have gone. The girls have grown and changed so much and so have our lives. The first two weeks were complete chaos. Thank goodness my mom was here to help and Heidi came over often. After my mom left, the girls and I quickly got on a schedule and I was tossed into life managing twins while home alone. Thank goodness Heidi, Sarah and Aubrey come over often to help us, but it's pretty amazing to me that I can actually handle them by myself, as I NEVER thought it would be possible!

The girls eat pretty much every three hours during the day and I feed them at the same time, in order to stay on schedule. For those of you wondering, it takes a lot of creative positioning to feed them together when home alone. One day I'll have someone take a picture of how we do it! I started off feeding them in their carseats, but now, Sadie lays in her Boppy pillow (crescent shaped pillow) next to me on the couch while Macy lays on my bent knees and I hold their two bottles and take turns burping. The whole cycle takes about an hour to complete, but it works for us!

The girls have had many outings in their short seven weeks and we've experienced many "firsts". We've gone shopping, out to dinner, our first trip to the zoo, first Father's Day brunch, the first Fourth of July parade and concert. There was their first doctors appointment, their first bath, which they both managed to sleep through, their first "month birthday" (pictures below) and many others! They have both given us one or two "awake smiles" and really enjoy taking daily walks and looking at the ceiling fan! I can't wait to see how they continue to grow and change!








First bath



(Sadie first/Macy second)










Sadie and Macy are one month old (June 19th)

















The girls celebrate Father's Day with their Daddy at brunch!













The girls first trip for dinner at the club! They loved getting to ride in the back of a golf cart!
I'll add more later, hope you've enjoyed catching up with us so far!! Oh and last week at the doctor's, Sadie weighed 11 lbs 6 oz and Macy was 10 lbs 10 oz! They are getting so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment